TUCSON – Record highs are in jeopardy the next couple of days so here’s some tips for staying safe and keeping cool!
- This one is obvious but STAY HYDRATED! If you are thirsty, you could already be dehydrated. Avoid this by drinking water frequently throughout the day.
- Hot cars can be DEADLY. Check the back seat before you get out of the car!
- Check in on friends, family, neighbors and the elderly.
- If you do not have AC, head to a cool, public place such as a library or the mall.
- DO NOT do anything strenuous outside, especially between 10 AM and 8 PM.
- Check on animals frequently and make sure they have plenty of water. If they are outdoor animals, make sure they also have plenty of shade and a cool place to take shelter.
- SIGNS of heat stroke include cool, moist, pale or flush skin. Heavy sweating, headache; nausea; dizziness; weakness; or exhaustion are also BIG indicators.
- LIMIT TIME OUTSIDE!