TUCSON — Local shops are reminding the public to support local business owners during the holiday season.
“I think it’s important to shop local. You know, support small businesses,” said shopper Michelle Kessler.
There are more than 160 locally owned businesses on historic Fourth avenue and several of them offered Small Business Saturday discounts. Sun Link also offered free rides throughout the day.
“We came from Quilters Market on the other side of town and we’re just looking at t-shirts and dresses, but the book store wonderful book store,” said Kenith Ijams.
Several people we spoke with said they make it a point to shop local to help keep money in our local economy.
“You want it to stay in Tucson. Anybody can have big box, but only Tucson can have their small businesses,” Ijams said.
Small Business Saturday Deals on the Avenue:
- 4th Avenue Deli – Meatball sub or hot pastrami with chips and a drink for $8.00
- Antigone Books – Offering double stamps on stamp cards. Postage, newspapers, SunGo passes, tickets, and some special orders do not qualify.
- Book Stop – 20% off Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Store credit does not apply)
- Pop Cycle – 20% off the in house lines: Monster Booty Threads and DDco Design
- Razorz Edge – Buy 1 Get 1 50% OFF Tops & Tees, Additional 50% OFF Clearance, FREE Gift Certificate with $50 + Purchase, FREE Holiday Tote with $100 + Purchase
- Rustic Candle – 20% off everything!
- Silver Sea Jewelry – Buy one piece of jewelry, get a second one (equal of lower value) for HALF OFF. Plus gift with $25.00 purchase.
- Tucson Thrift Shop/The Other Side – 10% off all purchases!
- Magpies Gourmet Pizza – $4 off any large, Xlarge or jumbo specialty pizza