Ten years ago, KVOA launched our News 4 Tucson Lifesaver campaign after a record number of child drownings in Southern Arizona.
For this year’s Swimfest we’ve partnered up with area fire departments, E-Konomy Pool, Precious Metal, Imperial Pools, and Temperature Control to educate viewers on how they can prevent children from drowning.
Lesson dates are as follows:
- May 16 – Northwest YMCA, 7770 N. Shannon Rd.
- May 23 – Ott YMCA, 401 S. Prudence Rd.
- May 30 – Flowing Wells, 4545 North la Cholla Blvd.
- June 6 – Lighthouse YMCA, 2900 N. Columbus Blvd.
- June 20 – Sahuarita Aquatics Center, 16230 S. Starlight View Ln.
- June 27 – Ott YMCA, 401 S. Prudence Rd.
- July 11 – Lohse YMCA, Lohse 60 W. Alameda St.
- July 25 – Northwest YMCA, 7770 N. Shannon Rd.
- Aug. 1 – Sahuarita Aquatics Center, 16230 S. Starlight View Ln.
Class times are as follows:
- 4-4:30 p.m.: 0-2/3-5 years
- 4:30-5 p.m.: 0-2/3-5 years
- 5-5:30 p.m.: 0-2/6-9 years
- 5:30-6 p.m.: 0-2/6-9 years
- 6-6:30 p.m.: 0-2/9-12 years
Every drowning is 100% preventable. Remember the A, B, C’s of Swim Safety: A=Active adult supervision, B=Barriers, and C=Classes — swim lessons for children and CPR lessons for adults.
CPR2U will hold free CPR training, click here to register.
This year, be a News 4 Tucson Lifesaver and help us eliminate childhood drownings.