(KPNX/NBC News) An Arizona Valley family made a shocking and potentially deadly discovery after a trip to a local thrift shop left them with a sack full of fentanyl.
The drugs were found inside of a "Glo Worm" doll purchased for the family's young daughter. The girl's parents discovered the pills while cleaning the toy shortly after they brought it home.
They immediately called Phoenix police.
Special Agent Cheri Oz with the Drug Enforcement Administration said, while this is a terribly scary situation for any parent, these two did the right thing by inspecting and cleaning the toy before they gave it to their daughter.
"If you find a sealed bag like that, do not open the bag and do not try the pills," Oz said.
Read more: http://bit.ly/3siBkEu