TUCSON (KVOA) -- Beef brisket is our traditional Christmas Eve meal on the maternal Knox side of my family
The meal was perfected by 'Auntie" Sondra Knox Davis.
- 1 1/2-3 pound Beef Brisket
- Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- Lawry's Garlic Salt
- 1 Bottle of Wish Bone Italian Dressing
- Aluminum foil
How to make it:
- Thoroughly season your brisket with the salts and pepper
- Line your baking pan with the aluminum foil
- Place the brisket in the center of the pan
- Pour 1/2 to 3/4 of the bottle of Italian Dressing over the brisket
- Wrap brisket tight with aluminum foil
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees
- Cook at a length equal to 40 minutes per pound
- Once juices start to run cook for about another 45 minutes
- Take brisket out of the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes
- Slice lengthwise and serve
The brisket will generally be extremely flavorful the second and third nights you eat it simply because the juices and dressing will have had a chance to really seep into the meat.
This meal is sure to put you in a food coma and knock you out in plenty of time before Santa's arrival.
Happy Holidays everyone.
Copyright 2020 News 4 Tucson. All rights reserved,