Our first holiday recipe for Anchored in Tradition is a simple side dish for Christmas or a great appetizer for Thanksgiving.
Meteorologist Daniel McFarland's family makes Potato Slabs which is a spin on cottage fries adding the best parts of a baked potato.
- 4-5 Potatoes
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of Bacon bits
- 1 cup of Green Onion
- Sour Cream
- 1 pack or ranch mix
Now here are the instructions:
- Step 0: Preheat oven to 425F
- Step 1: Cut potatoes into 1/2 an inch circles
- Step 2: Line baking sheet with foil and butter the foil; Place cut potatoes spaced out on sheet
- Step 3: Cook for 30 mins, flipping once after 15 minutes
- Step 4: Remove from Oven and place Cheese, Bacon Bits and Green Onion on each onion; cook again for a few minutes until cheese melts
- Step 5: Serve with mixed ranch dip