News 4 Tucson’s Priscilla Casper is teaching us how to make her mac and cheese recipe, perfect as a main dish or a side dish for your Thanksgiving or any other holiday meal!
Here is what you'll need:
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- garlic salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- a pan to boil water
- First you are going to take the pasta and put it into boiling water.
- The pasta will usually takes about 9-10 minutes to cook fully but you can cook it to your liking. The more time in the water, the softer the pasta. Take your garlic salt and season the water for flavor.
While the pasta is cooking, lets get the sauce ready.
- Melt your butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until the mixture is smooth.
- Slowly pour milk into the mixture while continuously stirring until the consistency is smooth and bubbling.
- Add cheddar cheese and mozzarella to mixture and stir until melted.
- Drain the pasta, add the cheese sauce, mix and enjoy!