· ¼ cup butter
· ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 cup onions, finely chopped
· 2 cups arborio, carnaroli or other short-grained white rice for risotto
· Meat from 1 cooked lobster, chopped
· 2 tablespoons minced chives
· ½ cup truffled mascarpone (1/2 cup mascarpone with 1TB black truffle grated)
· grated Parmesan to taste
· salt and pepper to taste
· About 6 cups lobster, vegetable or chicken stock
· In a medium pot, heat the stock and keep warm.
· In a large, wide saucepan, melt the butter in the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add a large pinch of salt, then add the rice and stir constantly for about 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of broth and simmer, stirring until the broth is almost absorbed. Add more broth, a cup at a time, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next. Stir often. Cook until the rice is tender and the mixture is creamy, 20 to 25 minutes.
· Stir in the lobster meat and mascarpone until heated through, then add the chives and parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.