Gourmet Girls: Apricot Thyme Scones with Brie
2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
1 large egg, lightly beaten
4 fluid ounces light cream or half and half
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1-1/2 ounces French brie cheese, cubed (weigh after trimming off rind)
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Using a pastry blender, cut butter in until flour resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Whisk together the light cream and egg, then make a well in the center of the flour
mixture, adding egg mix there, and stirring with a fork to incorporate.
5. Mix in thyme, chopped dried apricots and brie cheese.
6. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and mound the dough on the paper, patting the
dough out to form an 8-inch circle.
Cut through dough with chef’s knife to form six wedges, baking scones without separating
them, for 20 minutes.
7. Cut the scones again and separate on the baking sheet, then bake two minutes more.