A special treat from the Marana Pumpkin Patch for today’s News 4 Tucson Cooks!
Featuring “Christmas on the Farm”, Gregg Hansen made Baked Mini Donuts.
2/3 cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ cup milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
5 tablespoons softened butter
1/3 cup white sugar
Coating: 1/3 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinammon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease miniature muffin cups or line with paper liners.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt together in a bowl. Stir milk and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Beat butter and 1/3 cup white sugar together in a third bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; beat in egg.
3. Stir flour mixture, alternating with milk mixture, into butter mixture until batter is smooth. Spoon batter into a piping bag and pipe into muffin cups about 2/3 full.
4. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 10-12 minutes.
5. Mix 1/3 cup white sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl; add warm donuts and gently toss with hands until coated.