TUCSON (KVOA)- As Arizona may be on the verge of another coronavirus wave, Banner Health released tips to have a safe Thanksgiving.
The safest option when it comes to gathering with family and friends this holiday is to host a small family dinner at home with only members of your household, according to Banner Health. Also, consider using technology to connect with extended family and friends at the dinner table.
Another alternative to in-person gatherings is to do an outdoor food swap with extended family and friends, according to Banner Health.
Banner Health provides these tips for an outdoor food swap:
- Assigning each household a dish to prepare and package in separate food storage containers
- Schedule an outdoor drop-off or exchange
- Make sure to wear a mask during the exchange
- Use disinfectant wipes to wipe down containers when home
If you plan to host a small dinner with people outside of your household, Banner Health shared these tips:
- Set up tables outdoors with plenty of distance between them
- Sit immediate households together at tables
- Do not attend if you or a member of your household is sick
- Pre-plate food by designated individuals who are masked
- Make sure everyone is masked when engaging with others in close proximity