Southern Arizona | We've Got You Covered

Autopsy: Avondale repairman died by accidental electrocution

PHOENIX (AP) — Authorities say a repairman who was found dead in an Avondale home was accidentally electrocuted.

Phoenix TV station KTVK says firefighters who responded to the scene July 18 said Steven Ball’s death might have been heat-related consistent with dehydration.

But a report released Wednesday by the Maricopa County medical examiner’s office labels Ball’s death as accidental electrocution and notes he also had cardiovascular disease.

The 60-year-old Ball was found unresponsive in the attic of the Avondale home, lying beside an air conditioning unit that had compromised wires sitting within rusted water.

Another repairman looked at the air conditioning unit Ball was working on and believes Ball touched a piece of metal that was covered in frozen-over condensation.

Ball’s autopsy also cites an injury that appeared to be an electrical burn.


Information from: KTVK-TV,

Associated Press

Associated Press

Scroll to top
Skip to content